Whether you are in the pursuit of sport or leisure, culture or cuisine, excitement or relaxation – Mauritius will captivate you by the mix of friendly people, intoxicating fragrances and fine hospitality.
Mauritius is not just a beach holiday. Yes, for those who enjoy relaxing on the beach and water sports it is a small bit of heaven as you can surf, sail, dive, go big game fishing, snorkelling, take a glass bottom boat trip or parasail to name but a few activities.
For the more adventurous there are quad bikes, zip-lining, jungle hikes to waterfalls, horseback trails or you can do the undersea walk!
If you are looking for some more leisurely activities, think of Pamplemousse Botanical Gardens, a catamaran cruise, visit the bazaar, or go see the famous coloured earths of Charmarel or go shopping in the boutiques of Gaudan Waterfront.
You can even go on a culinary discovery tour where you will go and shop for your ingredients in the market and learn how to cook a typical creole meal.
Handy information about Mauritius:
• The best time to travel to Mauritius depends on the type of weather you enjoy. Summer is from November to April and it is hot and humid. Winter is from June to October and is warm and dry. Try and avoid January to March as it is the rainy season and cyclones may occur.
• No visa is needed to a South African passport.
• There are no health requirements.
• Mauritius value for money as at the moment R1 gives you 2.76 Mauritian Rupees.
• It is only a 4 hour flight from Johannesburg.
I have been privileged to enjoy Mauritius four times already and I would go back again tomorrow.
Contact me so I can give you some ideas of what is on offer at the moment.
There are so many hotels to choose from, one for every budget, and I will match the hotel to what you are looking for so that your experience in Mauritius is really a dream holiday.