KOUGA LOCAL MUNICIPALITY (EC108)
DIRECTORATE: INFRASTRUCTURE & ENGINEERING
NOTICE NO: 85/2021
BULK INFRASTRUCTURE WORK AND ELECTRIFICATION OF 200 HOUSES AT KRUISFONTEIN
IN HUMANSDORP (DOE WORK 2020/21): SPECIFICATION NO. G/10518/E
Suitably qualified, capable and experienced Service Providers are hereby invited to submit
tenders for Bulk Infrastructure Work and Electrification of 200 Houses at Kruisfontein in
An electronic copy of the tender document will be available on E-Tender portal
www.etender.gov.za or the municipal website www.kouga.gov.za as from Monday, 26 April
A compulsory virtual clarification session will be arranged for those that have shown interest in
bidding for this project on the 12 May 2021 @ 10h00.
Any RSVP or show of
interest, received after 16h00 on the 10 May 2021 will not be considered. If you did not RSVP
by sending a request to attend or join the virtual clarification meeting before the due date,
your bid will not be considered. (Detail of this is in the tender document)
• Telegraphic, telephonic, telex, facsimile, email or late tenders will not be
• This contract will be evaluated on the 80/20 point scoring system
• A CIDB Contractor grading of 5EP or higher is required.
• A minimum functional assessment score of 70 points will apply to this contract.
• The Guidelines for locally produced goods or locally manufactured goods with a
stipulated minimum threshold where applicable will be applied.
• A valid SARS Tax Clearance Certificate and the Tax compliance Status pin to be
• Prospective Service Providers must register on Kouga Municipality’s Supplier
database as per the registration requirements.
• The National Treasury Central Supplier Database Summary report must be
• In order to claim Preference points a valid originally or certified B-BBEE Status level
Verification certificate or a Sworn Affidavit completed on the DTI format must be
submitted to validate the claim.
• The Council reserves the right to accept any tender and, or part thereof, appoint
more than one contractor, and does not bind itself to accept the lowest or any
tender. The Council reserves the right to appoint any contractor.
• The validity period for submission must be 120 days from the closing date.
• Tenders that are deposited in the incorrect box or delivered to any other venue
will not be considered.
Completed documents in a sealed envelope endorsed “NOTICE NO: 85/2021:“ BULK
INFRASTRUCTURE WORK AND ELECTRIFICATION OF 200 HOUSES AT KRUISFONTEIN IN
HUMANSDORP (DOE WORK 2020/21): SPECIFICATION NO. G/10518/E ”, must be placed in the
Tender Box 21 St Croix Street (back entrance) or 16 Woltemade Street (front entrance),
Jeffrey’s Bay, Room 122 on or before WEDNESDAY, 26 MAY 2021 at 12:00.
C. DU PLESSIS