KOUGA LOCAL MUNICIPALITY (EC108)
DIRECTORATE: INFRASTRUCTURE AND ENGINEERING
NOTICE NO: 76/2021
HANKEY SANITATION UPGRADE (PHASE 3) CONSTRUCTION OF NEW AND UPGRADING OF
EXISTING SEWER PUMP STATIONS IN HANKEY AND CENTERTON: (CIVIL, STRUCTURAL,
MECHANICAL AND ELECTRICAL WORKS)
Suitably qualified, capable and experienced Contractors are hereby invited to submit
tenders for the Hankey Sanitation Upgrade (Phase 3) construction of new and upgrading of
existing sewer pump stations in Hankey and Centerton.
An electronic copy of the tender document will be available on E-Tender portal
www.etender.gov.za or the municipal website www.kouga.gov.za as from Wednesday, 31
March 2021. After downloading the tender document from the website each prospective
bidder, MUST email their contact details to [email protected] and copied to
A compulsory virtual clarification session will be arranged for those that have shown interest in
bidding for this project on the 14 April 2021 @ 12h00.
Any RSVP or show of interest, received after
the 12 April 2021 will not be considered. If you did not RSVP by sending a request to attend or
join the virtual clarification meeting before the due date, your bid will not be considered.
(Detail of this is in the tender document)
• Telegraphic, telephonic, telex, facsimile, email or late tenders will not be
• This contract will be evaluated on the 80/20point scoring system.
• The Guidelines for locally produced goods or locally manufactured goods with a
stipulated minimum threshold will be applied (details in document).
• An estimated contractor CIDB Grading of 6CE or higher is required.
• A minimum functional assessment score of 70% will apply to this contract.
• A valid SARS Tax compliance Status pin to be submitted.
• Prospective Service Providers must register on Kouga Municipality’s Supplier
database as per the registration requirements.
• The National Treasury Central Supplier Database Summary report must be
• In order to claim Preference points a valid originally or certified B-BBEE Status level
Verification certificate or a Sworn Affidavit completed on the DTI format must be
submitted to validate the claim.
• The Council reserves the right to accept any tender and, or part thereof, appoint
more than one contractor, and does not bind itself to accept the lowest or any
tender. The Council reserves the right to appoint any contractor.
• The validity period for submission must be 120 days from the closing date.
• Tenders that are deposited in the incorrect box or delivered to any other venue
will not be considered.
Completed documents in a sealed envelope endorsed “NOTICE NO: 76/2021: “HANKEY
SANITATION UPGRADE (PHASE 3) CONSTRUCTION OF NEW AND UPGRADING OF EXISTING
SEWER PUMP STATIONS IN HANKEY AND CENTERTON”, must be placed in the Tender Box 21 St
Croix Street (back entrance) or 16 Woltemade Street (front entrance), Jeffrey’s Bay, Room
122 on or before FRIDAY, 30 APRIL 2021 at 12:00.
C. DU PLESSIS