KOUGA LOCAL MUNICIPALITY (EC108)
DIRECTORATE: INFRASTRUCTURE AND ENGINEERING
NOTICE NO: 194/2020
APPOINTMENT OF SUITABLY QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL SERVICE PROVIDER (PSP) FOR THE DESIGN
AND ADMINISTERING OF THE UPGRADING OF GRAVEL ROADS IN KOUGA LOCAL MUNICIPALITY
Suitably Qualified, Capable and Experienced Professional Service Providers are hereby
invited to submit tenders for the Design and Administering of the Upgrading of Gravel Roads
in Kouga Local Municipality.
An electronic copy of the tender document will be available on E-Tender portal
www.etender.gov.za or the municipal website www.kouga.gov.za as from Tuesday, 10
A compulsory virtual clarification session will be arranged for those that have shown interest in
bidding for this project on the 24 November 2020 @ 14h00.
Any RSVP or show of interest, received after 16h00 on the 20 November 2020 will not be considered. If you
did not RSVP by sending a request to attend or join the virtual clarification meeting before the
due date, your bid will not be considered. (Detail of this is in the tender document)
• Telegraphic, telephonic, telex, facsimile, email or late tenders will not be
• This contract will be evaluated on the 80/20point scoring system.
• The Guidelines for locally produced goods or locally manufactured goods with a
stipulated minimum threshold where applicable will be applied.
• A valid SARS Tax compliance Status pin to be submitted.
• Prospective Service Providers must register on Kouga Municipality’s Supplier
database as per the registration requirements.
• The National Treasury Central Supplier Database Summary report must be
• In order to claim Preference points a valid originally or certified B-BBEE Status level
Verification certificate or a Sworn Affidavit completed on the DTI format must be
submitted to validate the claim.
• The Council reserves the right to accept any tender and, or part thereof, appoint
more than one contractor, and does not bind itself to accept the lowest or any
tender. The Council reserves the right to appoint any contractor.
• The validity period for submission must be 120 days from the closing date.
• Eligibility as detailed in the Conditions of Tender will apply (see F2.1 and
F3.8.2 in Section T1.2: Tender Data) will be applicable. A tender offer not
satisfying the stated eligibility criteria will be eliminated.
• Tenders that are deposited in the incorrect box or delivered to any other venue
will not be considered.
Completed documents in a sealed envelope endorsed “NOTICE NO: 195/2020:
“APPOINTMENT OF SUITABLY QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL SERVICE PROVIDER (PSP) FOR THE
DESIGN AND ADMINISTERING OF THE UPGRADING OF GRAVEL ROADS IN KOUGA LOCAL
MUNICIPALITY”, must be placed in the Tender Box 21 St Croix Street (back entrance) or 16
Woltemade Street (front entrance), Jeffrey’s Bay, Room 122 on or before THURSDAY, 10
DECEMBER 2020 at 12:00.
C. DU PLESSIS
Photo: Joey Nel