South Africans are heading for the polls on 8 May 2019. Our country is at a cross roads and corruption has ensured that many South Africans have yet to enjoy the benefits of democracy.
Where the DA governs, they govern well and in Kouga, service delivery has vastly improved since 2016 and the financial position of Kouga Municipality is stable.
Housing projects have been unlocked in Humansdorp and Jeffreys Bay while land has even been bought by the DA led Kouga Municipality to facilitate future housing developments.
Out towns are looking cleaner and work is doing done to the ageing road infrastructure that has been neglected for decades in towns like St Francis Bay and Jeffreys Bay.
Essentially government’s function is to deliver services to to citizens of a country.
There appears to be only one party who is capable of fulfilling this function in South Africa and that is the Democratic Alliance.
Lets take a closer look:
1. One-party dominance is failing SA. Our democracy urgently needs a strong alternative. We must build this at the centre of our politics and society. This is where the DA is located.
2. The DA is the only sizable party that stands for the rule of law and a market-driven economy.
3. DA is the only party with a solid track record in government. No other party on the national list has demonstrated its ability to run a national or provincial government efficiently and honestly.
4. 15 out of the 20 best-run municipalities in SA are DA-led. (Source Good Governance Africa’s Governance Performance Index 2019.)
5. DA-led Western Cape is SA’s top-performing province for financial stability and governance. (Source: Ratings Afrika’s Municipal Financial Stability Index 2019)
6. DA-led Western Cape has the lowest broad unemployment: 23% compared with SA average of 37%. (Source: StatsSA QLFS)
7. DA-led Western Cape achieves the best basic education outcomes – highest retention of children in school until end of matric. Retained 63% of kids in 2018. All other provinces retained under 50%. Highest real matric pass rate.
8. DA-led Western Cape achieves the best health outcomes. Life expectancy is the highest in the country, has increased by a projected 7 years since DA took over in 2009. And 90% of people live within 30 minutes of a clinic.
9. DA-led Western Cape success rate of land reform farms is 72%, compared to 10% success rate for SA as a whole.
10. DA-led Midvaal municipality is the only municipality in Gauteng to come in the top-20 best-run municipalities in SA. (Source Good Governance Africa’s Governance Performance Index 2019.) Has achieved 5 consecutive years of clean audits. (Source: Auditor General)
11. DA-led Western Cape has by far the best track record in spending public money on the public. Achieved 83% clean audits with Gauteng coming a distant second at 52% (Source: Auditor General’s report for 2017/18.)
12. Cape Town is SA’s best-run metro. (Source: Ratings Afrika’s Municipal Financial Stability Index 2019)