Jeffreys Bay Old Age Home evacuated due to fire

80 citizens from a Retirement Village in Jeffreys Bay were evacuated and four people including a staff member were rushed to the Humansdorp Hospital for smoke inhalation after a fire broke out last night.

Stock photo
Stock photo

According to W/O Seekoei from the South African Police the fire started in the linen room about 1:30 am and it is believed that an electrical short circuit started the fire.

“Jeffreys Bay Police and the Jeffreys Bay Fire Department including security agencies were despatched to the scene to assist in evacuating the elderly from their rooms,” added Seekoei.

Article continues below...

No foul play is been suspected at this stage.

Related Posts