The beaches in JBay have been busy over the school holidays with Main Beach being the place to be amongst young and old alike.
The ocean can be the most relaxing place in the world to have a holiday and the following safety tips can make sure nothing goes wrong:
- Always swim only at recognised bathing beaches.
- Always obey lifesavers on duty.
- Always swim between beacons in bathing areas.
- Never panic when in trouble -raise one arm vertically for help.
- Don’t underestimate the power of the sea.
- Alcohol and swimming dont mix.
- Don’t swim in rivermouths or in dirty water.
- Avoid swimming when there are bluebottles present.
- Always know where to get help if necessary.