Christian Surfers will be staging the inaugural Connect Surf Classic tomorrow at Kitchen Window surf break in Jeffreys Bay. It will be a surf contest with a difference as each surfer must ride at least twio different types of craft during their heat.
All surfers are invited to enter:
• Beach registration begins at 7am on the beach at Kitchen Windows.
• Entry fee is R20 (all proceeds donated 7th Heaven Orphange in J-Bay)
• Please remember to bring your own surf craft (regular and weird)
25 minute heats in which surfers must surf 2 different boards in their heat
• Competitors are allowed to switch boards at any time during the heat
Competitors will be judged on three different criteria:
• Performance – same judging criteria as a normal contest
• Soul Style – creativity, soul, art
• Difficulty Bonus Points for Alternative Board surfed
“The event this weekend in J-bay is the last stop of our 2012 Christian Surfers Connect Roadshow which is a series of fun surf/skate events that we have been doing across the Eastern Cape with a goal of connecting with people, communities, and churches” said Alex Reynolds from Christian Surfers.
“Join us after the contest at 5pm for the prize giving and a movie in the tent in front of Love Food Cafe. We have loads of awesome prizes to give away to the winners as well as a lucky draw with some sweet prizes for everyone”, added Reynolds
“We will be showing the classic Endless Summer and it will be a super chilled vibe to hang, connect, and watch a classic surf movie! There will be burgers, pizzas, and other deilcious food for sale at Love Food as well as free popcorn for everyone.”