There is still lots of water flowing in the Kouga and many of the secondary secondary roads in the region remain closed. The sluice gates of all the major dams in the area have been opened, so people living in low laying areas must take care.
1. Sand River bridge is now fully open to light and heavy vehicles again. Back to two-lane traffic.
2. Apiesdraai on the Aston Bay Road is accessible to bakkies. Smaller vehicles might still struggle so please drive carefully.
3. St Francis to Oyster Bay road is now open to all vehicles.
4. Humansdorp to Oyster Bay is still closed.
5. R330 between Hankey and Weston, on the road towards Humansdorp, is still closed.
More people have been evacuated in Sea Vista (St Francis) and Thornhill since yesterday’s update. The latest number of people being accommodated at the community halls in these areas are still to be confirmed. People from Loerie and Stofwolk (Hankey) have returned to their homes or are staying with family and friends.
The electricity to Tokyo Sexwale, Jeffreys Bay, was restored yesterday evening. A transformer was giving problems on Saturday but could only be repaired on the Sunday because of the weather conditions.
Many homes are still wet from flooding or still flooded. Municipal officials and workers are in the field assisting those affected.
The police are on alert to assist. Phone them on 10111 or via the municipality’s emergency nr 042 291 0250.