Very cold conditions are expected with chances of snowfalls over the high mountains and rain according to Garth Samson from the Port Elizabeth Weather Office.
Heavy rain is expected in places between Plettenberg Bay and East London with possible flash flooding on Friday. St Francis Bay residents are urged to take care at the Sand River bridge.
All the dams in the Kouga are 100% full and water is still lying in pools all over the Eastern Cape (soil moisture is still very high) means that flooding is a very real threat tomorrow.
Conditions will be cold and wet and some proactive measures that are suggested as follows:
- Ensure vulnerable communities have warm blankets and clothing.
- Communities who regularly flood should ensure that essentials are already moved to higher ground.
- People travelling should be aware that road passes may well be closed due to snow and slippery conditions.
- General driving conditions may be affected and motorists should switch on head lights and drive with caution.
- Low level crossings and low bridges may well be under water and could be closed.
- Motorists are instructed not to remove barriers and to use the detours