Aapies Draai was closed yesterday afternoon to traffic and it still closed this morning. Aston bay residents have been particularly hard hit with the latest rains as Dolphin Drive as well as Swan Road (two of the main access roads) have huge potholes and have become unsafe to drive on, especially at night.
Elsewhere in the Kouga, both roads to Oyster bay were closed yesterday due to the roads becoming dangerous for motorists to drive on.
The following roads and mountain passes in South Africa are closed to traffic due to severe weather:
1. Eastern Cape – R61 Route, ROAD CLOSED between Queenstown and Cofimvaba due to snow / ice
2. Eastern Cape – N9 Route, ROAD OPEN between Graaff-Reinet and Middelburg -Lootsberg Pass
3. Eastern Cape – R61 Route, ROAD OPEN between Graaff-Reinet and Cradock – Wapadsberg Pass
4. Western Cape – ROADS CLOSED between Ashton & Montague, Montague & Touwsrivier, Prince Albert & Oudtshoorn, and Montague & Oudtshoorn – Snowfall
5. Eastern Cape- ROAD CLOSED between Whittlesea and Seymour – Nico Malan Pass – Snowfall
6. Eastern Cape – ROAD CLOSED between Elliot and Barkly East – Barkly Pass – Snowfall
7. Kwazulu Natal – ROAD CLOSED AGAIN KZN / Free State N3 Route, Van Reenens Pass – Snowfall.
8. Free State – R712 Route, ROAD CLOSED between Qwa-Qwa and Clarens due to snow
9. Western Cape – R328 Swartberg Pass, ROAD CLOSED between Oudtshoorn and Prince Albert due to snow
10. Western Cape – R62 Route, ROAD CLOSED between Ashton and Montagu due to flooding
11. Free State – R74 Route, ROAD CLOSED – Oliviershoek Pass between Harrismith and Bergville due to snow
12. KZN – R617 Route, ROAD CLOSED between Swartberg and Underberg due to #snow
13. KZN / Eastern Cape – N2 Route, ROAD CLOSED between Kokstad and Mount Ayliff due to snow
14. Free State – R34 Route, ROAD CLOSED between Vrede and Memel due to snow (note: this is a Van Reenens Pass closure detour route)