The Laphumilanga Leadership Programme is a programme for young South Africans between the ages of 18 and 35 who want to be a part of positive change in South African politics and who have the potential to do so.
This year long, part time leadership development programme is exclusively designed to give participants the skills, knowledge and confidence required to be the future leaders of the Democratic Alliance and South Africa.
Laphumilanga has been carefully designed to develop an entire set of competencies in order to grow the pool of knowledgeable, articulate and emotionally intelligent leaders who can one day lead the party at provincial and even national level.
The Laphumilanga Leadership Programme will run from February to November and will consist of 5 weekend-long contact sessions with DA leaders from across the country.
What does it cost?
All costs directly related to the Laphumilanga Leadership Programme will be covered by the DA.
All candidates must
- be between the ages of 18 and 35
- be in possession of a Matric certificate
- submit a comprehensive CV and letter of recommendation
- demonstrate a knowledge and commitment to the liberal values and vision of the DA
- have access to internet and email facilities
- be willing to join the DA if accepted to the course
- be resident in the Eastern Cape
How to apply
Each candidate will be required to download the following documents, and submit them before 28 October 2011:
Each application is also to be accompanied by one letter of recommendation.
Completed documentation should be emailed to the head office in Port Elizabeth on firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to
P.O. Box 12170, Centrahill, 6006