The contractor had placed the order for the new culverts but unfortunately the culverts are not stock items and need to be manufactured.
Anticipated delivery date to site is the second week in March 2013.
Although the contractor is already on site and busy with preparation work, they have decided to minimise disruption to residents and only close the causeway from the end of February. Up until then traffic flow will be controlled.
Extensive flooding has caused damage to the causeway that has to be repaired.
Residents are urges to take care when using the causeway during this period.